Nancy Morrow and Ron DeBaecke were elected to the North Hanover Township School Board in the recent election.
The campaign is underway. Please donate to the charitable organization of your choosing! Information should have been provided in each of our schools. If you have any questions, please contact Maureen Kelly.
Dear NJEA Members:
Our sponsored disability insurance program with Prudential will offer an OPEN ENROLLMENT for any members who physically attend the NJEA Convention on November 6th or 7th. Members need to visit booth # 1923 to pick up a SPECIAL enrollment form to be eligible for this open enrollment. The benefits of open enrollment are:
- No health questions are asked.
- You cannot be denied acceptance into the program as long as you comply with the special enrollment rules (below).
- You can enroll for the first time for protection up to two-thirds of your annual salary.
- You can increase your existing monthly benefit by up to $500.
Members will be able to speak to one of our exclusive representatives from Educators Insurance Services at the convention and submit the special application immediately or mail it back promptly. Our representatives will use members’ convention badges as evidence of membership and eligibility.
NJEA Endorsed Disability Insurance Program
2014 NJEA Convention Enrollment
Special Enrollment Rules Apply!
As an NJEA member, you can enroll for the disability insurance program without the need pplication is received by January 9, 2015. The program is issued by The Prudential Insurance Company of America.
You must enroll on the specially-marked “2014 NJEA Convention Enrollment Form.” A Prudential representative will give you the form and complete it with you. Use of this form will validate you as having attended the convention. Therefore, Prudential will not be able to accept any other version of the enrollment form.
If you hand in your enrollment form at the Convention, your coverage effective date will generally be January 1, 2015. But, in some cases, a later effective date will apply. Your coverage is effective on the first day of the calendar month after one month’s premium has been deducted from your pay. Check your paycheck to know when those deductions have been taken. If you have any questions, call Prudential at 800-727-3414 and select prompt #3 for “coverage questions.”
If you send in your form after the Convention (and before the January 5, 2015 postmarked and January 9, 2015 received deadlines), your coverage effective date will generally be the first day of the third calendar month after Prudential receives the form.
For example, if the form is received on December 20, 2014, coverage would generally be effective on March 1, 2015. But, in some cases, the effective date may be earlier or later. Your coverage is effective on the first day of the calendar month after one month’s premium has been deducted from your pay. Check your paycheck to know when those deductions have been taken. If you have any questions, call Prudential at 800-727-3414 and select prompt #3 for “coverage questions.”
If your form is postmarked after January 5, 2015 or received after January 9, 2015, Prudential will send you an Evidence of Insurability form to complete. Your coverage will not be effective unless Prudential approves that form.
A “pre-existing condition” exclusion applies to all enrollments under the NJEA Endorsed Disability Insurance Program, INCLUDING enrollments from this special opportunity. A member has a pre-existing condition if he/she received medical treatment, consultation, care or services including diagnostic measures, took prescribed drugs or medicines, or followed treatment recommendation in the 3 months just prior to his/her effective date of coverage or the date an increase
If you were not able to attend the October General Membership Meeting, and you did not get the information from your building meeting, then this is the place to come and get the information!!
- Kathy Sytnik is running for the North Hanover Township School board along with Nancy Morrow. They are both write ins. If you are interested in having pro education members on the board then these two women are our best choices.
- If you have not signed up for BJ’s please see Sheila she has the information.
- Our buildings will be monitored by the state sometime this year. There are many changes that may effect you. In each building there should be a pack of papers which outlines the regulations. Thank you to Jayne Glover for providing us with this information!
- Deb Syer came in to talk to us about the local evaluation team. She stressed the importance of the team and the role that they are playing in order to help you provide an easier road towards your evaluation experience. One thing that Deb stressed was the importance of responding to your evaluation with a short comment, even just to say thank you. Our local evaluation team consists of Christie Plantarich, Karen Hallman, Alexis Bruder, Tammy Jensen, and Sara Humble. They are there to help guide you with your concerns and rebuttals.
- Sheila mentioned the philanthropic funds. If you could donate any amount to help give a senior from Northern a scholarship would be very good. We were able to give a $500.00 scholarship this year. Thank you to all who helped with this scholarship!
- Everyone has access to log into the School wires, our North Hanover web page. There is information on the employee site that is helpful to us all. That site is a work in progress, more information will be added as the year progresses. So stay tuned!
- Please remember that our contract runs out June 30th.